Pergolas add elegance and style to any garden. A pergola is simply a charming outdoor shade structure designed from either metal or wood featuring a very open plan.
Generally pergolas are freestanding, although they may be attached to your home or other structure. Typical pergola construction uses some type of vertical supports which in turn hold open, horizontal rafters across the top. Pergolas can be adapted to enhance and beautify any garden situation and have a variety of uses.
Why use a Pergola?
- Create a more intimate enclosure for your patio or deck.
- Provide dappled shade for exposed outdoor seating areas.
- Use as support for all kinds of climbing vines and plants.
- Perfect for hanging flowering baskets from the open flat roof.
- Provide protection and shade for small outdoor ponds or planting areas.
- Large pergolas can be covered and used as a carport.
Whatever use you have for a pergola, you will be delighted with the beauty and flair it will add to your seating and garden areas.
Pergolas can easily be constructed in just a weekend with a few simple materials. Make sure you choose rot resistant, treated wood